One of the greatest apps for managing headsets, mice, and keyboards is Logitech Gaming Software. Even after five years, the program’s aesthetics and user interface have remained unchanged. It is more effective, but could it be more effective?
To answer this question, the Logitech G hub takes a step further. The Logitech G software is a brand-new peripheral management software from Logitech. There is a slight learning curve. It is also comprehensive and easily accessible. Because the programme is still in its early stages, do not abruptly transit it. However, if you’re ready to take a leap into the future, follow these simple instructions to set up the Logitech software. Here’s everything you need to know.
- 1 Logitech Gaming Software And Logitech G Hub – Know the Difference
- 2 What Is Logitech Gaming Software?
- 2.1 Logitech Supported Devices:
- 2.2 Gaming Mice
- 2.3 Gaming Keyboards
- 2.4 Gaming Headsets and Other:
- 2.5 Logitech Gaming Software Features
- 2.6 Logitech Gaming Software Troubleshooting
- 2.7 How To Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software?
- 3 What Is Logitech G Hub?
- 3.1 Steps For Logitech G Hub Download
- 3.2 Supported Devices:
- 3.3 Gaming Mice
- 3.4 Gaming Keyboards
- 3.5 Gaming Headsets and Other:
- 3.6 Logitech G Hub Features
- 3.7 Logitech G Hub Troubleshooting
- 3.8 How to Uninstall G Hub?
Logitech Gaming Software And Logitech G Hub – Know the Difference
There are now two options for customising and setting up your Logitech gaming peripherals. Both are valid alternatives with the same user manual.
Because it has been around for a longer time, Logitech Gaming Software supports more devices and has an older user interface. The Logitech G hub software, on the other hand, is brand new and supports the latest gaming devices. And now, I’m going to show you how to set up some older, more reliable software with the same functionality. So let’s begin with a quick overview.
What Is Logitech Gaming Software?
Logitech Gaming Software is the sole name that comes to mind when we think about Logitech’s legacy gaming software. It was released in early 2010 and allows users to customise Logitech gaming device settings.
- To set up the software, you must first download and install its setup. Here is the link to the download:
- After that, select the appropriate setup for your OS and system and click the ‘download now’ link.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Logitech Supported Devices:
Both Logitech G hub download and Logitech gaming software support all modern gaming devices, but since we’re not addressing Logitech G hub download in this section, let’s concentrate on the one we’re talking about.
- G100s Optical Gaming Mouse
- Wireless Gaming Mouse G700
- Pro Gaming Mouse
- Optical Gaming Mouse G400
- MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse
- G502 HERO Gaming Mouse
- Gaming Mouse G500
- Gaming Mouse G300
- G9x Laser Mouse
- Laser Mouse G9X: Made for Call of Duty
- G903 Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
- G9 Laser Mouse
- G300s Optical Gaming Mouse
- G603 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse
- G703 Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 PROTEUS CORE Tunable Gaming Mouse
- G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
- G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G203 Prodigy Gaming Mouse
- G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G403 Prodigy Wired Gaming Mouse
- G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse
- G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
- G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
- PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
- G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G11 Gaming Keyboard
- Gaming Keyboard G110
- G19 Keyboard for Gaming
- Gaming Keyboard G105
- G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G410 Atlas Spectrum RGB Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G510s Gaming Keyboard
- G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G513 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Orion Red Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
- G413 Carbon / Silver Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard
- G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G19s Gaming Keyboard
- Gaming Keyboard G510
- G15 Gaming Keyboard
- Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Orion Brown Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
Gaming Headsets and Other:
- C920s HD Pro Webcam
- G433 Gaming Headset
- Wireless Gaming Headset G930
- G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- G533 Wireless Gaming Headset
- G35 Surround Sound Headset
- G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset
Logitech Gaming Software Features
You can save profiles on your computer, on your board, or based on Logitech Gaming Software’s automatic game identification. You can remap for another mouse click, assign each mouse button to a different function, and use a recorded macro or keyboard stroke. You can adjust the polling rate of your mouse in the view. You may also adjust DPI sensitivity and move DPI settings at different levels.
You can choose a pre-set illumination option from the battery tab to extend your battery life. It primarily serves as a dashboard, displaying all of the settings that drain the mouse’s battery, as well as higher polling rates that quickly drain your battery owing to brighter RGBs. It also displays the mouse’s current battery status and remaining battery life.
You may customise the illumination of your mouse by zone using the lighting option. You may adjust the illumination speed, sleeper time, and brightness with the Logitech mouse software. You can choose any colour from 16.8 million colour wheels and a precise RGB value. Color settings can be synced across various devices. You can synchronise the gaming setup because it has a unified appearance.
Surface tuning adjusts your mouse to fit your desk and mouse pad. It keeps track of distance and helps with tracking. If you frequently change the surface or travel with the mouse, you can save different profiles. Surface tweaking is straightforward. You must first click on add a new surface, give it a name, then follow the instructions and drag your mouse till the surface is tuned.
This feature, in my opinion, is useless. It serves no purpose for the mice. Input analysis tracks and displays button heat maps, which reveal how long and how frequently you push a button. This feature does not work with the Logitech G hub, which is understandable. If you enable input analysis, the Logitech G software will record your button presses. You can pause it and get a heatmap.
Logitech Gaming Software Troubleshooting
Many individuals have problems with the Logitech gaming software. As a result, we’ve addressed some of the most common issues. The programme is dependable, and we don’t want you to run into any of these problems, but if you do, here’s how to fix it.
#1. Not opening or loading
There are many reasons behind the software is not opening.
- First and foremost, check for updates and, if any are available, take advantage of them.
- The software must then be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- The LGS is likewise prevented from opening by the mouse’s firmware. In this scenario, unplug the mouse and dongle to test whether it works.
- Finally, update all available software and devices, including the Logitech keyboard and mouse software.
#2. Not detecting mouse
If the mouse does not recognise the device, check the supporting device to see if it is compatible. If it isn’t, modify it; if it is, follow these procedures.
- Check for any damage to the USB connection or cord.
- If you recently updated LGS and are experiencing this issue, go back to the prior version.
- LGS.exe should be launched in administrator mode.
#3. LGS keeps resetting
Here are the procedures to follow if you’re having problems retaining your profile settings after making changes.
- First and foremost, close the LGS.
- Go to C:UsersUserNameAppDataLocalLogitechLogitech Gaming Software and double-click it.
- Look for options.
- Remove the json and rename it settings.
- Restarting the software will result in fresh settings.
What we’ve done is provided a new file to address the problem. Occasionally, old files are needed. The file can become shaky at times and save the setting changes.
#4. Profile auto game detection not working:
If your LGS profile auto game detection isn’t working, try the procedures below.
- Make sure your profiles are linked to the correct game.exe. If it is not related, the LGS will not swap the profile automatically.
- Turn on the lock profile while the game is running. No other background will interfere with the LGS detection this way.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus software, and if it starts up, delete it and replace it with a compatible name.
How To Uninstall Logitech Gaming Software?
- Windows: start >> control panel >> Programs >> uninstall a program >> Logitech Gaming Software >> Uninstall
- iOS: Finder >> applications >> double on application folder >> Logitech Gaming Software >> double click on uninstaller application
What Is Logitech G Hub?
The current version of Logitech Gaming Software is the G hub. It works with all of Logitech’s newest products. G Hub hasn’t added any new functions or features as of yet. The main distinction is that it is more appealing than the LGS. Logitech G software is used on all new Logitech hardware.
Setting up the mouse, discord integration, and OBS integration for streaming are some of the other features. However, there are significant issues about reliability and inconsistency in the work. That is why the majority of professionals continue to use LGS. If your mouse is compatible with Logitech mouse software, we advise against downloading the Logitech G hub.
Steps For Logitech G Hub Download
The download procedure is identical to that of Logitech gaming software. Follow this link to download and install the software. https://support.logitech.com/en ca/software/lghub
If LGS is up to date, do not uninstall it.
Logitech G hub software supports the following devices.
- G900 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
- G703 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G502 RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
- G403 Gaming Mouse
- G402 Hyperion Fury
- PRO Gaming Mouse
- G302 Daedalus Prime
- G502 Proteus Core
- G403 Wireless Gaming Mouse
- G600 Gaming Mouse
- G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- PRO Gaming Keyboard
- G103 Gaming Keyboard
- G213 RGB Gaming Keyboard
- G310 Atlas Dawn
- G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G512 Carbon RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G513 Carbon/Silver RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G610 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G613 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G810 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G910 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- G915 Lightspeed Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Gaming Headsets and Other:
- G332 Stereo Gaming Headset
- G432 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G433 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G533 Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G560 LIGHTSYNC PC Gaming Speakers
- G633 RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G635 LIGHTSYNC Wired Gaming Headset
- G920/G29 DRIVING FORCE RACING WHEEL
- G933 Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
- G935 LIGHTSYNC Wireless Gaming Headset
Logitech G Hub Features
As it is in its early stages, G hub offers limited functions. G hub’s main advantage is its redesigned user interface. Furthermore, it lacks an input analysis.
- A new feature that allows users to download other Logitech users’ profiles.
- From the main panel, you can see all of your Logitech gaming devices. You can look through the browsing community’s gaming profiles.
- You may bind any keyboard or mouse button to a native Windows command, record macros, keypresses, OBS actions, and integrate Discord in the next tab down.
- Lighting setup in one click. Other options are also available.
- You may customise the mouse and battery drain rate by adding surfaces from the settings screen.
- You may eliminate DPI steps and set up DPI steps on the mouse by dragging the points off.
- Set the polling rate of the mouse as well; 500 Hz will preserve battery life, while 1000 Hz will provide the most sensitive sensation.
Logitech G Hub Troubleshooting
#1. Not detecting mouse:
G Hub has limited support compared to Logitech Gaming Software, so keep an eye out for upgrades.
- Also, look for a new device in the list of compatible devices.
- Look for any faults or damage in the cable or USB connection.
#2. Not installing:
A clean install environment is required to install the software. For this, I uninstalled all prior versions of LGS and G Hub. You can do it by hand or use uninstaller software.
3#. Logitech G hub not loading or opening:
- To begin, restart and relaunch your computer.
- G Hub and LGS must be uninstalled before G Hub may be installed.
- After removing it, delete the Logitech folder in AppData and reset the settings.
- Remove G Hub from the startup list, reboot it, and run it as an administrator if it gets stuck.
How to Uninstall G Hub?
- Windows: start >> control panel >> Programs >> uninstall a program >> Logitech G Hub >> Uninstall
- iOS: Finder >> applications >> double on application folder >> Logitech G Hub >> double click on uninstaller application
It’s all about Logitech gaming software and the Logitech G hub download, as well as other details. Hopefully, it will be of use to you. If this is the case, please share your thoughts with us. Also, if you have any questions or concerns about this topic, please include them here. Have fun gaming!