Have you recently got a notification on your Windows 10 regarding sedsvc.exe? Because this may be the only reason you are looking for information regarding the exe. Well, if that is the case, then you are in the right place.
In this article, you will find all the information regarding the sedsvc.exe. Whether it is a threat or not to your computer system, why was it there on your PC or laptop, and how can you disable and remove it without harming the computer system?
So without wasting any time, let’s get started. So here is everything you need to know about sedsvc.exe in Windows 10
What is sedsvc.exe?
Exe or Executable files found in your PC and laptops are files that have an encoded sequence of instructions. The system in your PC or laptop can execute exe directly when you click the file icon. This exe can be a threat to your system if they are not downloaded by you. Extension files are considered a high-security risk, including EXE, BAT, COM, CMD, INF, IPA, OSX, PIF, RUN, and WSH.
Sedsvc.exe is an executable file developed by Microsoft and gets downloaded with the updates in Windows 10 to improve Windows Update Service components. You can find the file in C:\ Program Files\ rempl\ folder’ in your Computer.
Users will receive a notification like Sedsvc.exe is trying to connect to the internet. To know further about the exe, users can go to Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. There you will find information about the exe as Windows Update Service components.
Information about sedsvc.exe
Before uninstalling the exe from your PC, you must know what this update is about and what changes it can make to your Windows 10 device.
- The update may request you not to turn the device off in order to enable the installation of updates. The exe. installation will respect any sleep configurations you have added and also your “active hours” whenever you use your device the most.
- The update may reset the network settings if it detects any problem.
- The update may also clear up the registry keys that may not let updates from being installed successfully.
- The update may repair any corrupted or disable Windows operating system components that affect the implementation of updates to your version of Windows.
- It may compress files located in the user profile directory to clear up disk space to install further essential updates.
- Windows Update database may get reset to repair the problems that would prevent installing the updates successfully.
These are such necessary information regarding the exe, which you must know before deciding to uninstall the update from your PC or laptop.
How to remove Sedsvc.exe Permanently from PC or Laptop?
If you have decided to remove the Sedsvc.exe file from your computer or laptop, then follow every step carefully. Make sure your PC or Laptop doesn’t shut off in the middle; otherwise, you will have to follow the steps from the beginning.
To remove the Sedsvc.exe permanently from a PC or Laptop device, follow the following steps:
- Go to the taskbar by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- After clicking on Task Manager, scroll down to find “Windows Remediation Service.”
- Next, do the Right-click on the Sedsvc.exe file and click on the end task.
- Restart your Computer or laptop and then let the system make changes to it.
How to turn it off using Utility Service?
In order to turn off the exe using Utility service, follow the steps given below:
- Press “windows key + R” and run the dialogue box or you can quickly go in the start and search “Run.”
- Inside the run dialogue box, type services.MSC
- Find Windows Remediation Service program in the given list.
- Click Right as you find the program and choose Properties.
- Go to the general tab.
- Click on the drop-down list beside startup type.
- Select Disabled from the list
- Go to the service status section and tap stop.
- Click “OK: and Apply the changes you have made.
- Now restart your PC or laptop and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
How to Perform a System restore?
To perform a system restore on your PC or laptop, follow the steps given below:
Windows 10 came up with some better options so that users can make changes in the operating system error-free. The System Restore option introduced by Microsoft allows users to make the changes that apply previously without any error. So as you make these changes, do not worry about your system not working correctly.
On the other hand, if you are worried about losing your other files in that process, then don’t because the process will make changes to only the system files and keep all the other files safe and secure.
To perform a system restore, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows key + S on your keyboard
- After the search box appearing type Restore
- Next Select “Create a restore point” from the options that are showing on your screen.
- Now click on the “system restore button” and then click “next.”
- Look at all the timestamps that are available on the screen and choose the right timestamp where the issue was not discovered or was not there.
- Click next to start the process of System restore, and you are done.
- Restart the computer and see if the changes are made or not.
Getting notification of an update you have zero knowledge about can be scary. The update may or may not harm your Computer. If you don’t want to have any exe running on your computer background, you can simply follow the steps mentioned above. These steps will work for all kinds of exe that are present in your computer system.
Make sure to have a virus scanner in your PC to scan from time to time for any unwanted update or file that might harm your Computer.