Do you have a problem with Phasmophobia voice chat not working? If this is the case, it can be extremely upsetting. There could be a variety of reasons why this issue occurs in the first place.
However, one thing is certain: if this issue arises, it will likely disrupt gamer contact, further suffocating the gaming atmosphere. This is why it’s critical to understand how to fix phasmophobia speech recognition not functioning if it happens when you’re playing your favourite horror game.
So, in this blog article, we’ll show you how to fix the Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue. But, before we get into the details, let’s go over the causes of the issue.
- 0.1 Frequent Phasmophobia Voice issues
- 1 How to fix Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue
Frequent Phasmophobia Voice issues
- Mike not working in Phasmophobia – According to players, the mic occasionally stops working when they are playing the game.
- Phasmophobia not picking up mic – In some games, the microphone does not pick up the players’ voices.
- Another issue that can arise when playing this game is phasmophobia voice recognition not working. To resolve this problem, follow the steps below.
Why does Phasmophobia voice chat not working problem occur
The following factors may contribute to the problem of phasmophobia voice chat not working:
- The sound settings used by the players are incorrect.
- The microphone is not properly connected.
- The speech recognition test was not passed by the players.
- The PC’s sound driver is out of date or corrupted.
How to fix Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue
The most successful approaches to resolve the issue using Phasmophobia’s voice chat service are listed below.
1. Perform the voice recognition test
To check if the voice chat service is operating, use the game’s built-in voice recognition test. The following are the measures to take:
1. Click the Options button in the Phasmophobia game.
2. Next, press the Test button, which is next to the Voice Recognition option.
3. Now, when you’re told to, speak into your microphone.
4. If the message “We heard you!” appears on your screen, the microphone and game settings are in good working order. If this does not work, then move on to the next step.
2. Rectify system audio settings
A simple issue with the game’s voice chat service, such as a problem with the system audio settings, can sometimes cause the game’s voice chat service to fail. So, here’s how you may correct your system’s sound settings.
1. Select “Open Sound Settings” from the context menu of the audio icon on your taskbar.
2. Now check to see if the input device is reflecting the microphone you’re currently using.
3. Select “Device properties” from the drop-down menu.
4. Make sure the volume is at least 50 percent.
3. Check integrity of game files
You must check for corrupt or missing game files. You can do so by verifying the game files’ integrity and correcting them if necessary. This may help to address the problem with Phasmophobia voice chat not working.
1. Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
2. Select Properties from the right-click menu on Phasmophobia.
3. Next, go to Local Files and select the “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES” option.
4. Try Network Reset
A problem with the network reset can sometimes cause issues with the voice chat service. For a network reset, follow the procedures below:
1. To launch the Settings window, press the Windows + I keys together.
2. Next, go to the Network & Internet section.
3. Scroll down to the “Network reset” option on the Status tab.
4. Click the “Reset now” option on the Network Reset window.
5. This will restart the computer, and Windows will uninstall the network adapters so that they can be reinstalled later.
5. Update sound drivers
If the previous changes fail to resolve the issue with the Phasmophobia game’s voice chat feature, the last option is to upgrade the corrupted, missing, or out-of-date sound drivers.
To update the audio drivers, you may either use a third-party driver updater application or do it manually by following the procedures below:
1. Press the Windows + X keys together, then select Device Manager from the menu.
2. Click to enlarge the Sound, video, and game controllers area by scrolling down.
3. From the context menu, right-click on the sound driver and select “Update driver.”
4. After that, an on-screen prompt will appear, prompting you to select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
5. Wait a few minutes for Windows to update the audio drivers, then restart your computer.
Resolved: Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue
So, now you know that the problem with Phasmophobia’s voice chat facility is not caused by phantoms, but by other factors. You’ve also learned how to fix the voice chat issue on Steam that isn’t working.