With free typing apps, anyone can learn proper typing quickly and effortlessly. To adapt, you’ll need drive, willingness, and consistent practise. Traditional typing, such as that employed in typewriters, takes time and requires constant attention to the keyboard. You’ve arrived to the right location if you want to type while looking at a monitor rather than a keyboard. Typing is an art, and knowing how to type is crucial nowadays. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the top free typing software that will guide and assist you in practising your typing skills.
Computers are everywhere. That is why, rather of pushing with one figure like grandpa, it is critical to master the proper typing technique. It takes longer to complete. You must constantly stare at the keyboard, and when you look at the display, you will notice that the typing is full with errors. You’ll need assistance from the greatest typing programme to help you learn to type. You may find typing to be more time consuming and tedious at first, but I believe you will thank me once you have mastered the technique. So, keep reading to learn more about the finest free typing tutor software.
- 1 Best Free Typing Programs For PC
- 1.1 1. Rapid Typing Tutor:
- 1.2 2. KeyBlaze free Typing Tutor:
- 1.3 3. Speed Type Online:
- 1.4 4. Typing Bolt:
- 1.5 5. Typing Club:
- 1.6 6. Touch Typing Study:
- 1.7 7. Typing.io:
- 1.8 8. Ratatype:
- 1.9 9. Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor:
- 1.10 10. Typing Master
- 1.11 11. ZenTypist:
- 1.12 12. The Typing Cat:
- 1.13 13. Rapid Typing:
- 1.14 14. TypeLift:
- 1.15 15. Key Hero:
- 1.16 16. Good typing:
- 1.17 17. Speed Type Online:
- 1.18 18. Stamina Typing Tutor:
- 1.19 19. Keybr:
- 1.20 20. Typeracer:
Best Free Typing Programs For PC
Free typing tutor software is available on a variety of websites and applications. The truth is that the majority of them are infested with bugs and advertisements. We’ve compiled a list of the most professional and well-reviewed typing practise applications for your convenience.
1. Rapid Typing Tutor:
Everyone can benefit from this free typing programme. This software is appropriate for everyone who wants to learn how to type, whether they are beginners or intermediates. This app is also suitable for children and non-tech savvy individuals. It’s a mix of education and fun.
This application makes learning to type on a keyboard simple and enjoyable. The user begins at a low level, ensuring that they do not lose faith in themselves. Additionally, the user will be reminded to utilise figures for a given key by moving fingers on the screen.
- The user may visualise the keys and learn quickly with the virtual keyboard.
- It is compatible with QWERTY, AZERTY, and QWERTZ keyboards.
- The learner can utilise the hand moving gesture to use a distinct figure for each key.
- With this software, the user’s privacy will be protected.
2. KeyBlaze free Typing Tutor:
KeyBlaze is an interactive programme that teaches users how to type. KeyBlaze is a completely free typing programme. This tool is mostly used by intermediate persons to improve their typing speed and capabilities. Writers, marketers, assistants, secretaries, and those who need to type a large number of words per minute. This programme runs smoothly on both Windows and Mac OS X.
- The software’s interactive interface directs the user to type.
- The audio workout and transcripts are the software’s distinguishing features.
- The practise exam provides a thorough evaluation of your typing abilities.
- Give hints for difficult keys.
- Poems, drills, and prose are all enjoyable.
- There has a 10-key number as well as touch and typing capabilities.
3. Speed Type Online:
Speed type online is a web-based typing tutor. As a result, there is no need to download or install anything. To practise, simply go to the Speed Type Online website on your web browser.
This software includes 17 practise tutorial lessons. The user can learn about the keys and how to adjust their hands on the keyboard from this session.
- Provide two different types of lessons. One is for novices, and the other is for advanced users. You may select any of them based on your abilities.
- All class times can be changed and customised by users. As a result, you can train whenever you choose.
- This programme allows users to define a goal. As a result, they will remind you to continue practising.
- After you’ve chosen your objective, the software will direct you to practise time, classes, and ideas if you fall short.
4. Typing Bolt:
Typing Bolt is an inline typing software powered by artificial intelligence. It is the best free typing programme available. The typing lessons provided by this software will teach you how to type from a sketch. Typing Bolt’s AI interface allows users to learn touch typing.
The software updates the practise lessons for each one. It assesses the effectiveness of the practise and makes adjustments to the lessons. Typing Bolts uses a proprietary algorithm to track the user’s progress. Because it works with any keyboard, this application is the ideal typing programme. It also displays how to guide the user by placing fingers on the keys.
- The AI system is one-of-a-kind. Each user has their own set of lessons.
- Any type of keyboard will suffice.
- The user’s level is monitored and tracked.
- Make a visual representation of the progress.
5. Typing Club:
Typing Club is a web-based typing application that does not require any form of download. This software comes in two versions. There is a free and a premium version. This tool is widely used in schools and typing classes, where teachers utilise Typing Club to teach pupils how to type.
Specialized supervision This software has features that allow teachers to control and track each student’s progress. You can practise on the free version of Typing Club, which offers practical sessions as well as extensive progress analysis.
- Typing Club is a mobile application that allows teachers to create new courses for students and monitor and track their progress.
- The on-screen hand gesture reminds you to use the correct finger for keys.
- It unlocks levels, treasures, and medals to keep you motivated and make typing more fun.
6. Touch Typing Study:
Touch Typing Study is a free and simple application to use. You can use this software to practise typing and enhance your skills. Using this application increases both speed and accuracy.
Touch typing is supported. As a result, your muscle remembers how to type. This website allows users to improve their typing speed. Each lesson is based on your prior experience. So, be conscious that you are taking your practise seriously.
- It’s completely free.
- Different varieties of keyboards should be available.
- All lectures and lessons are in the form of short videos. So there’s no need to spend time. Begin by practising.
- More than 15 international languages are supported.
- All types of keyboards can be used.
Typing.io is an interactive app for students and teachers. It is commonly used by programmers and developers. The session usually consists of open-source codes that assist you in coding more successfully and quickly. This software has two different plans. Mechanical Plan is charged, while the scissors switch plan is free.
- Process tracking is simple because some milestones define it.
- It is available in 16 different languages.
- Stop you from typing as much and educate you more.
- The software provides you with a thorough report on your progress, including WPM and tricky keys.
Ratatype is another free web-based typing programme that offers a personal certificate upon completion. Throughout the learning process, the typing teacher and virtual keyboard will assist you. To improve typing skills, there are online typing tests and tutorials accessible.
You can form a group of friends or coworkers for support and competition. Ratatype’s user interface is simple and easy to use. This tool can be used by everyone, from youngsters to seniors, regardless of their technical knowledge.
- Many of the classes and examinations are available for free.
- Before online tests, give recommendations and tips.
- Also provide a typing certificate.
- This typing tool is simple to use.
9. Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor:
Klsvaro is a free typing tutor with a user interface that is both simple and straightforward. It can be viewed as both a specialisation and a restriction. This programme assists users in improving their touch-typing speed and provides a thorough report on their progress, including problematic keys and words per minute. Klavaro has no tutorial, however it does feature a nice practise exam. As a result, you must learn on your own using these practise tests.
- Klavaro is a simple to use app.
- It includes self-paced practise and a full progress analysis.
- There are about 50 practise tests accessible.
10. Typing Master
One of the best free typing programmes available on the internet is Typing Master. It can be used with Windows. Users can adjust the typing speed and personalise the software’s interface. Also available from Typing Master are some fun typing games. It means no more tedious typing master lessons.
- It is possible to check accuracy and the word per limit.
- The software is user-friendly, speedy, and simple to use.
- Many typing games are available for free.
- You can also upgrade to the Pro version to gain access to more advanced lectures and games.
ZenTypist is available for both Windows and Mac OS X. One of the greatest free typing apps available. A typing app is also available for practise. It provides a full breakdown of issues as well as words per minute. The text you must input and the visual keyboard are displayed on the screen with this app.
- ZenTypist assists users in increasing their word count per minute.
- Provides accuracy notifications.
- The content of the typing is educational. As a result, typing the same can teach you anything fresh.
12. The Typing Cat:
A top-rated free typing programme is The Typing Cat. It contains a virtual keyboard with fingers that supports all kinds of keyboard layouts. Because The Typing Cat is a web-based programme, there is no need to download anything. To practise typing, you must go to its website.
- The Typing Cat can help you increase your word count per minute and enhance your accuracy.
- It provides a comprehensive study of your typing technique.
- Different keyboard layouts, such as Dvorak, Colemak, and Workman, can also be learned.
13. Rapid Typing:
Rapid Typing is a free typing programme for the Windows operating system. This app includes numerous sessions and activities to make your learning experience more enjoyable. The progress and results are presented in statistical form, making it simple to compare and measure development.
- Customizing and altering content is possible in lessons.
- Finger movement and a virtual keyboard Features assist you in adjusting your finger placement on the keys.
- The statistical analysis of the outcomes is beneficial.
- Rapid Typing is a simple software to use.
- It is free to use and enhance typing skills for everyone, from beginners to experts.
- This programme supports around 15 different languages.
TypeLift is one of the greatest typing programmes on the market. It’s a web-based application. As a result, you should open the website in your browser and begin practising. It increases typing speed and accuracy. It is, however, only compatible with the Windows operating system. TypeLift’s advanced training and activities will boost your typing speed and word count per minute.
- TypeLIft’s online typing test provides you with feedback on your progress.
- With the comparison, a full analysis of the outcome is offered in graphical form.
- There are almost 100 typing exercises.
- While typing, the word count per minute and accuracy rate are displayed.
- You can tailor your typing instruction to your preferences.
15. Key Hero:
Key Hero increases the user’s WPM and accuracy. It’s great for writers and secretaries who have to type a lot and need to be quick. The games and text typing are both enjoyable and educational. As a result, you can gain knowledge about entertainment. While typing, it displays your WPM and accuracy. As a result, you can improve it. It is only compatible with the Windows operating system.
- Provide excellent support on touch typing.
- It displays and compares the results with your previous performance.
- Give a detailed analysis of the problematic key and provide tips to overcome.
16. Good typing:
Good Typing is a typing tutor that you may use online. To access typing tutorials, you must first log in to the website. Good Typing supports more than 20 different keyboard layouts. The typing practise includes German, Spanish, French, English, and many other languages. You can learn typing from anyone.
- Good Typing is really simple and quick to master.
- Because it is a Web-based programme, there is no need to download any software.
17. Speed Type Online:
It’s a typing practise programme that you may use online. There are 17 lessons in Speed Type Online. You can complete the lessons at your own pace. After the lessons are completed, you will receive feedback and results.
- Text can be replaced by the user. So you can type your office duties while while learning to type quickly.
- Tests are adaptable and reliable.
- It has two entry modes to keep the user’s interest by introducing variety.
- Lessons can be customised by users.
18. Stamina Typing Tutor:
The main purpose of the Stamina Typing Tutor is to improve existing typing skills. As a result, this tool is not appropriate for novices. Stamina typing Tutor is the greatest choice for people who know how to type but struggle with typing speed. Many languages are supported by this software, including English and Russian.
- It includes a full graphical breakdown of the process, including the number of words per minute and accuracy.
- More than 13 languages are supported.
- It offers a straightforward and intuitive user interface.
- The virtual keyboard instructs the user on which fingers to use for each key.
Keybr is a web-based software. It’s simple to use and comes with all of the necessary tools to help users improve their typing skills. It guides the user by measuring accuracy and word count per minute. It is compatible with the Windows operating system.
- Customization is possible using Keybr. You can create your own lesson.
- You can create a profile, which will save your progress.
- There are more than seven different keyboard layouts to learn.
Typeracer is a typing game available online. Learning to type is a relatively basic skill, but people enjoy games, and the depiction of typing speed with a car racing makes this tool more appealing. To win the car race, you can establish a profile on the website and type faster.
- It is free and open to the public.
- Because it is a web-based tool, there is no need to download it.
- The idea of a motor race encourages users to type quickly.
- You can see how fast you type in comparison to others.
It’s all about free typing programmes and a comprehensive guide to them. Typing speed is crucial in the corporate world to stay one step ahead of your peers. You must motivate yourself to improve your typing skills. Otherwise, you’ll discover alphabets on the keyboard to write down meeting minutes as they occur. These greatest free typing software aid in the accurate adaptation of touch-typing skills. Please share your favourite free typing application in the comments section.