American Express Confirm Card
- Confirm receipt of an American Express credit card by calling a toll-free number.
- The cardholder will not be allowed to use their card until the confirmation process is finished.
- The American Express Company operates AmericanExpress.com/ConfirmCard. Card confirmation is free and takes less than 20 seconds.
The American Express Confirm Card can be used with any American Express credit card, including the Cash Magnet Card, Amex EveryDay Credit Card, and Premier Rewards Gold Card. The Platinum Card, Blue Cash Preferred Card, Hilton Honors Ascend Card, The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card, Blue Cash Everyday Card, Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card, Hilton Honors Aspire Card, and the Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card are just a few of the cards available.
If you receive an American Express credit card in the mail, you must confirm receipt by visiting the confirmation URL americanexpress.com/confirmcard or downloading the AMEX Mobile app.
- Fill out an application for an American Express credit card (we recommend the AMEX Gold Card)
- If you’re lucky, you’ll be approved.
- Go to AmericanExpress.com/ConfirmCard to confirm your card.
- Enter the four-digit card number.
- Enter the card’s 15-digit number.
- The card has been activated and is ready to use.
Phone Number for American Express Card Confirmation (and other AMEX phone numbers)
- 1-800-528-4800 for credit cards (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- Call 1-800-243-3888 to apply over the phone (6 am to 2 am ET, 7 days)
- Call 1-800-472-9297 to pay a bill (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- 1-800-227-4669 (24/7) for a cash advance
- 1-877-297-4438 for an AMEX Gift Card (8 am to midnight ET, 7 days)
- 1-866-207-7970 (24/7) AMEX Prepaid
The American Express corporate office is located at 200 Vesey Street in downtown Manhattan, New York, NY 10285, and can be reached by phone at 212-640-2000 (please do not call this number for Camericanexpress.com/confirmcard-related inquiries).
American Express, which trades under the ticker AXP on the New York Stock Exchange, competes with Discover, Capital One, and Chase.
Credit Cards from American Express (complete list)
- Card that attracts money
- Amex Everyday
- Premier Rewards Gold (THE BEST)
- The Platinum Card
- Blue Cash Preferred
- Hilton Honors Ascend Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest Card
- Gold Delta Sky Miles
- Blue Cash Everyday
- Amex Green Card
- Platinum Delta Sky Miles
- Hilton Honors Aspire
- Blue Delta SkyMiles
- Delta Sky Reserve Card
- Serve from American Express