New desktop wallpapers do wonders for sprucing up your PC. On Windows 11, here’s how to make one Change the Desktop Wallpaper.
One of the most effective methods to customise the desktop in Windows 11 is to change the wallpaper. Changing your desktop wallpaper is similar to redesigning your room, and a visually appealing desktop background will help your Windows 11 PC stand out.
You may change the desktop wallpaper in Windows 11 in a variety of ways. Alternative backdrop selections are available in Windows 11’s Settings, Photos, and File Explorer apps. Third-party applications can also be used to modify the wallpaper. There are various options for changing the desktop wallpaper in Windows 11.
- 1 1. How to change the wallpaper on your desktop using the Background Settings in Settings
- 2 2. How to Choose a New Windows Theme to Change the Background on Your Desktop
- 3 3. How to Use File Explorer to Change the Background on Your Desktop
- 4 4. Using the Context Menu to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
- 5 5. Using the Photos App to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
1. How to change the wallpaper on your desktop using the Background Settings in Settings
Most of Windows 11’s options for changing the wallpaper are in the Settings app. In the Background section of Settings, you can choose to make the desktop background a single picture, a slideshow, or a solid colour. Change the Desktop Wallpaper With the background options in Settings, you can change the picture on your desktop in this way.
- By pressing Win + I, you can get to Settings.
- Click the tab that says “Personalize.”
- Choose Background to see the options that are shown below.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Change your background.
- Choose “Picture” to add a new picture to the background of your desktop.
- Click the Browse photos button and choose a picture to use as a desktop background.
- Choose the picture you want to use.\
- Click the drop-down menu next to Choose a fit and choose Fit.
2. How to Choose a New Windows Theme to Change the Background on Your Desktop
The wallpapers and colour schemes for each Windows theme are different. So, another way to change the wallpaper is to pick a different theme for your desktop. You can change Windows’ theme by going to Settings and doing the following:
- Bring up the window for setting things.
- Click on “Personalize” and then “Themes” to see the settings shown below.
- Click on Custom to see the themes that come with Windows 11 by default.
- Choose a theme with a different background from the one you have now.
If you click Browse themes, you can add new background themes to Windows. Choose a theme from the Microsoft Store. On the page for the theme, click Get and then click the Open button to add it. Then, go to Settings to choose the theme. After that, the wallpaper for the theme will be the background of your desktop.
3. How to Use File Explorer to Change the Background on Your Desktop
Set as background is an option in File Explorer that you can use. You can use this option to add a specific image file to the desktop’s backdrop without having to go into Settings. This is how you may change the wallpaper on your desktop in Explorer.
- Press the Win + E hotkey or click the folder taskbar icon to open File Explorer Change the Desktop Wallpaper.
- Open a folder with images that you can use to modify the wallpaper.
- On add an image to the desktop, select the file.
- To change the wallpaper, click the Set as background button.
4. Using the Context Menu to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
Set as desktop wallpaper is another option in File Explorer’s context menu. You can choose that option by right-clicking a file in a folder. To change the wallpaper, right-click picture files on the desktop and select Set as desktop background from the context menu.
5. Using the Photos App to Change the Desktop Wallpaper
The Photos programme is the primary image viewer in Windows 11. Change the Desktop Wallpaper There are two options in that programme for adding an open image to the desktop or lock screen backdrop.